Monday, June 11, 2012

Inspirational Icon Monday: Jane Fonda

I can vividly remember watching my Mom workout to Jane Fonda as a kid. She had the VHS with Miss Fonda in that red and black striped leotard on the cover and once that video was popped into the VCR, my Mom was full on chaneling the aerobics queen. Fonda's body was the envy of just about every woman in the eighties. I suppose it's Fonda's then body that women want now...that has certainly been the case for me as I committed and then struggled my way through the ultra-intensive Insanity program for the last 9 weeks only to realize that my body was not going to transform into another person's body. I could build muscle, I could contour my curves, I could flatten my belly and tone my legs, but my body structure would still be there. As would some of that stubborn fat that decided to permanently live on the back of my thighs. It's okay though because I don't need to look like the "it" girl from 25 years ago or even whatever one is currently taking Fonda's place. The important part is to be healthy...and wear a chic exercise outfit so working out isn't so torturous. I really think that was what Fonda was promoting all along.

























No comments:

Post a Comment