Wednesday, February 29, 2012

An Oscar Party

Someday I will go to the Oscars. It's on my "bucket list" so I have to. For now the at home Oscar party win pajamas eating kettle corn, red velvet cake and drinking white dessert wine with girlfriends will have to suffice. I do my best to make it a semi-fancy event with my little gold star garland I picked up for 50 cents at an after Christmas sale, my coffee table book on the history of the Academy Award's fashion sitting out for all to read (given to me by my friend Tiz), plastic popcorn containers my Mom gave me one time that hold the pens for the ballots and the cash you're betting with, Oscar statuettes I've collected from my street (yes, I live on the filthy anti-glamourous Hollywood Blvd)  placed here and there, and then my delicious red velvet cake to commerate the red carpet and topped with mini Oscars.

Of course all of this--and even winning the cash prize for guessing 18 of the 24 main awards correctly--doesn't compare to really being there. At least I suspect it doesn't. If I had been there I would have laughed at everything Billy Crystal said because I love him even if he isn't edgy and a little past his prime, I would have worn Michelle Williams Louis V tomato red chiffon number and would have been George Clooney's date since he always seems to date unknown girls at least 20 years his junior and since being someone's date is the only way I would be getting myself a ticket to this Kodak theatre event. Fingers crossed for next year!
est. 1928
My Oscar decorated table at my friend Sarah's home.

The red velvet cake I made for the party.


Michelle Williams in a red vintage inspired Louis Vuitton dress.


Jane Fonda and Gene Hackman
 

Brando and Hope
  
Liz Taylor and Mike Todd

Faye Dunaway


Jack Nicholson and Anjelica Huston


Terry Moore and Lana Turner



Audrey Hepburn


Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly


James Stewert and Ginger Rogers

Hattie McDonald

Julie Andrews with Mary Poppins composer winners

Cary Grant

Joanne Woodward and Paul Newman

Lauren Bacall, Humphrey Bogart and Marilyn Monroe

Bette Davis

Gregory Peck and Sofia Loren

Anne Bancroft and Sidney Poittier

No comments:

Post a Comment