Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vintage Tip Tuesday IV

It's so difficult to find electronic cases that speak to my vintage sense of style. They're either too modern, too glitzy, or too plain. My solution? I love to find beautiful old brooches and pin them on a basic or contemporary case. The casing suddenly feels special, and I'm able to make peace with my anti-technical side. Flea markets, antique stores, or even ornate heirloom pins that are sitting in your jewelry box collecting dust can be added to your cell phone, camera, or laptop case for a touch of vintage intrigue.


My simple black and brown camera case from Best Buy.


The vintage gold bow brooch that makes it special.


My multi-colored polka dot laptop case from Office Max.


The light green, gold, and cream floral brooch that joyfully marries antiquity with modernity.


A few brooches I have collected from flea market trips...they will be perfect for some future something.

No comments:

Post a Comment