Monday, July 18, 2011

Inspirational Icon Monday: Stevie Nicks

One of my favorite folk songs of all time is Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide." I listened to it non-stop as I was letting go of living in my father's rejection. It was time to embrace change and emotional security, and this song gave me the empowerment to do so. Stevie Nick's husky voice filled me with strenth each time I heard the chorus:

"Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I, I built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I'm getting older too
I'm getting older too."

Although it has been this particular song of Stevie's that has impacted my life the most, this week (since I happen to be visiting San Francisco) I'm finding her 1960's/70's flower child fashion inspiring. Her later style included heavy velvets and capes, but it was her early years of living in Northern California (1968-72) that I find her most flattering.










*Stevie's mix of prints gives her outfit vibrancy, and the scarf is such an easy way to add glamour.


*My version of Stevie's scarf look

No comments:

Post a Comment