Monday, July 11, 2011

Inspirational Icon Monday: Natalie Wood

I don’t believe there has ever been a more beautiful woman than movie star Natalie Wood. Her large chocolate brown eyes uniquely carry fire and vulnerability simultaneously. The first time I ever saw her was at The Stanford Theatre in a screening of Miracle on 34th Street. I was 9 years old, and found her sweet yet quizzical character so appealing. Her charm persuaded me to continue spending my movie viewing time watching her. Miracle turned into Westside Story which turned into Rebel Without a Cause and Splendor in the Grass and another and then eventually Sex and the Single Girl.

Wood highlights her sexy curves whether she wears a one piece or a bikini, but it’s actually the flare she adds with accessories that inspire me to stylize my own sun bathing sessions. Although her life was cut short 30 years ago by a mysterious boating accident, Natalie Wood’s style and beauty continues to be emulated by fans like myself to this day.









Natalie Wood's striking take on swimwear.


My version of Natalie Wood's fabulous black and white swimwear: Black bow headband from Forever 21, Black and white striped strapless bikini top from H&M, vintage strand of pearls and a black and a 1960's gold art deco necklace from the flea market.

2 comments:

  1. your such a cutie!
    now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ALWAYS thought Wagner & Walken were both responsible for her murder!

    ReplyDelete