Friday, July 22, 2011

I Left My Heart in San Francisco

If home is where the heart is and if the heart is where you’re meant to be, then I can’t help but wonder if I will someday end up back in the bay area. My visit far exceeded my expectations. I had intentions of visiting all my friends and having a wonderful time, but I didn’t anticipate the flooding feelings of gratitude. Not only do I have my own friends, but I also have wonderful relationships with my parent’s friends. These family friends are people that offer wisdom, advice, encouragement, honesty, and love. They are there to hug me, laugh with me, help me. All I have to do is reach out. I thought about how rare that is. I don’t know anyone that will sit and talk to their Mom’s friend for hours. I don’t consider these people my parent’s friends or even my friends. I consider them family, and I consider myself so extraordinarily blessed to have these relationships in my life. Like the vintage pieces I collect, they become more and more precious and appreciated the longer they are in my life.



SOME OF THE VINTAGE OUTFITS I WORE AS I MADE MY VISITS:



*Thrifted cream and purple short-sleeved blouse; gold tiger cub necklace from Modcloth.com; 1980's thrifted high-waisted red shorts; vintage camel colored belt; camel colored oxfords from Nordstrom.


*Cream ruffled tank by Splendid; 1980's vintage navy blazer; African print linen shorts by Lilt from Anthropologie; 1970's beige vintage sunglasses; thrifted brown ankle boots; 1960's gold handbag.




*1970's cotton floral and bird button-down; 1980's thrifted high-waisted Levi cut-offs; lavender and red polka dot socks from Urban Outfitters; camel colored oxfords from Nordstrom; 1960's gold handbag.


*Close-up on lavender and red polka dot socks and oxfords.









MY SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA FRIENDS:
(Berkeley, Blaney, and Jen not pictured here but are in previous posts)


*Wanda and Steve...my 2nd set of parents who I lived with for 3 years.



*Julie, whom I've known most of my life and her husband Jehaan


*Dan and Rebecca...my parent's best friends.



*Jill, who I've been friends with since jr.high.



*Marcie who is like an aunt to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment